Lakeland College is a nonprofit private college that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Plymouth, Wisconsin, in a predominantly rural area. The school's United Church of Christ affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Lakeland College has an annual student enrollment of over three thousand.
Students can choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Computer And Information Sciences
- Social Sciences
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the school. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1230 to 1420 on the SAT and within the range of 19 to 24 for the ACT exam is common among students admitted to this school. This school has an acceptance rate of 82% of which only 41% chose to enroll.
The cost of tuition is around $22,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is estimated to be $3,900 for the year. This school may provide financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans.
Lakeland College offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, tuition information, areas of study offered, and more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.lakeland.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Lakeland College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Lakeland College is about 3,700. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 11% enrolling as graduate students and 78% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $24,000-$29,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $920 for part time students
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,109|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$7,451|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Lakeland College may provide services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Lakeland College is approximately 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||36%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2011)
Lakeland College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Football (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lakeland College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lakeland College.
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh in Oshkosh, WI (40 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Green Bay in Green Bay, WI (62 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Whitewater in Whitewater, WI (67 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (68 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point in Stevens Point, WI (100 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Wisconsin colleges & universities profile page
- Get a list of all private colleges in Wisconsin
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Wisconsin
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lakeland College for official up-to-date information.