Lee University, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Cleveland, TN, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school maintains a Church of God affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Lee University has an annual student enrollment of approximately four thousand.
Areas of study available at Lee University include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Communications And Journalism
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 930 to 1220 on the SAT and within the range of 21 to 27 for the ACT exam is typical among students admitted to Lee University. Lee University admits about 60% of applicants yearly. Of those applicants accepted, nearly 80% of students enrolled. More information from the admissions office can be found at leeuniversity.edu.
Tuition is approximately $14,000 annually, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students may check the school's price of attendance calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is about $3,200. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
The mascot for Lee University is the "Flames", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the oversight and organization of the NAIA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
- Soccer (NAIA Division I)
Students who would like to see more about Lee University may take a look at their website at www.leeuniversity.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the students Lee University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Lee University is around 5,000 students. The student body is made up of 90% undergraduate students and 17% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $14,000-$17,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $600-$720 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$11,041|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$6,930|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Lee University may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Lee University is approximately 53%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||35%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1993)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2011)
Lee University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Gulf South Conference)
- Basketball (Gulf South Conference)
- Track and Field (Gulf South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lee University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lee University.
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in Chattanooga, TN (26 miles away)
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (78 miles away)
- Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, GA (95 miles away)
- Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC (95 miles away)
- Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (96 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Tennessee
- Get a list of all private colleges in Tennessee
- Compare other Tennessee Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lee University for official up-to-date information.