Lenoir - Rhyne University is a nonprofit private institution located in Hickory, NC and provides a large number of program options for students. The Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Enrollment at Lenoir - Rhyne University is nearly 1,800 per year.
Areas of study available at Lenoir - Rhyne University include:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. Most common scores among students admitted to Lenoir - Rhyne University are between 18 to 24 on the ACT, or 900 to 1100 on the SAT exam. This school has an acceptance rate of 72% of which only 14% decided to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $29,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Some students at Lenoir - Rhyne University may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Lenoir - Rhyne University through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.lr.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants Lenoir – Rhyne University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Lenoir – Rhyne University is around 2,200 students, where graduate students make up roughly 20% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $35,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $1,500 for part time students
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $13,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$23,784|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$6,329|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Lenoir – Rhyne University may provide student services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Lenoir – Rhyne University is close to 49%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||40%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Lenoir – Rhyne University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field (South Atlantic Conference)
- Football (South Atlantic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lenoir – Rhyne University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lenoir – Rhyne University.
- Appalachian State University in Boone, NC (38 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte in Charlotte, NC (45 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (58 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (63 miles away)
- Winston - Salem State University in Winston-Salem, NC (66 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- See all colleges in North Carolina
- Compare other North Carolina private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in North Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lenoir – Rhyne University for official up-to-date information.