Louisiana College is a nonprofit private institution that has a fair number of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Pineville, Louisiana, in a predominantly suburban area. The Southern Baptist affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Nearly a thousand students enroll at Louisiana College annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken to apply to Louisiana College. Scores in a range of 17 - 24 on the ACT or 1240 - 1800 on the SAT are needed to increase the chance of acceptance. This school has an admissions rate of around 74 percent of which only 53 percent decided to enroll.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $15,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to use the school's net price calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $2,200. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Louisiana College Wildcats participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students who would like to see more about Louisiana College may check out their website at www.lacollege.edu or simply request information about the school through our trusted digital portal today.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Louisiana College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Louisiana College has a total student population of about 1,100, with undergraduate students making up about 83% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $13,000-$16,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $440-$530 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$9,266|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$6,585|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Louisiana College may offer services like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Louisiana College is approximately 43%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||29%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Louisiana College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (American Southwest Conference)
- Basketball (American Southwest Conference)
- Football (American Southwest Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Louisiana College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Louisiana College.
- Louisiana State University - Alexandria in Alexandria, LA (10 miles away)
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana in Natchitoches, LA (49 miles away)
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Lafayette, LA (79 miles away)
- Grambling State University in Grambling, LA (84 miles away)
- Alcorn State University in Alcorn State, MS (85 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Review a complete list of all the Louisiana colleges
- Compare other Louisiana private colleges
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Louisiana
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Louisiana College for official up-to-date information.