Luther College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Decorah, Iowa, which is a predominantly rural area. The Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Enrollment at Luther College is nearly two thousand per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Luther College offers:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Students may take either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions to this school. A score within the range of 1410 to 1885 on the SAT, or 24 to 29 for the ACT is common among admitted students. 72% of those students that apply are accepted to Luther College, of which 24 percent choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found on the school website.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $38,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's net price calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. The price of on-campus housing is around $3,300 per year. Luther College may offer financial aid for students who qualify as loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Luther College Norse participate in a number of athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Luther College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Luther College is around 2,300 students, where graduate students make up roughly 27% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $43,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $1,500 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$24,650|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$8,343|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Luther College may offer services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
With a high graduation rate of around 76%, Luther College is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||67%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Luther College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Luther College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Luther College.
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (45 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Platteville in Platteville, WI (69 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, WI (104 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls in River Falls, WI (114 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point in Stevens Point, WI (139 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Iowa
- Review a list of Iowa private colleges
- Find other great liberal arts colleges in Iowa
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Iowa
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Luther College for official up-to-date information.