Lynn University provides a variety of program options for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Boca Raton, Florida and operated as a private institution. Lynn University has an annual student enrollment of approximately 2,100.
Areas of study offered at Lynn University include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Communications And Journalism
The school operates under an open enrollment policy, accepting all applicants that meet the basic requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendations may be required for certain programs. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $35,000 annually, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Students enrolled at Lynn University may qualify for aid which is typically loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Lynn University "Knights" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to see more about this school can check out their website at http://www.lynn.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants The Fighting Knights accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Lynn University has a total student population of about 2,700, where graduate students make up roughly 19% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $33,000-$40,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $360-$430 per unit
- Room and board is estimated to cost around $14,000
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$13,281|
|Receiving Student Loans||35%||$7,613|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Lynn University may provide student services including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of The Fighting Knights is close to 41%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||33%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1995)
Lynn University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Sunshine State Conference)
- Basketball (Sunshine State Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lynn University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lynn University.
- University of South Florida Sarasota - Manatee in Sarasota, FL (166 miles away)
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg Campus in St. Petersburg, FL (181 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main Florida colleges & universities profile page
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Florida
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lynn University for official up-to-date information.