Marian University is a nonprofit private school that has many majors and degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Indianapolis, IN, in a predominantly urban area. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Approximately two thousand students enroll at Marian per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Marian offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Most common test scores among students accepted to this school are in the range of 19 - 25 on the ACT, or 1290 - 1610 on the SAT. Marian has an acceptance rate of 54 percent of which only 26 percent chose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $29,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's net price calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $4,800. Marian may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who qualify by way of grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Marian University through the NAIA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants Marian accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Marian University is around 2,900 students. The student body is made up of 72% undergraduate students and 11% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $31,000-$37,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,400-$1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$21,960|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$7,157|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Marian University may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Marian University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||28%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Marian University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-Central College Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-Central College Conference)
- Football (Mid-States Football Association)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Marian University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Marian University.
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (45 miles away)
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (70 miles away)
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (104 miles away)
- Wright State University - Lake Campus in Celina, OH (104 miles away)
- Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, IL (107 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Review a complete list of all the Indiana colleges
- Browse our list of private colleges in Indiana
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Indiana
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Marian University for official up-to-date information.