Mars Hill College provides a variety of program options for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Mars Hill, North Carolina and operated as a private institution. Enrollment at Mars Hill College is nearly a thousand per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Mars Hill College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 830 to 1050 on the SAT and between 17 to 22 on the ACT is common among students accepted to Mars Hill College. This school admits about 70 percent of students applying annually. Of those students accepted, around 24 percent of students attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found at mhc.edu.
The cost of tuition is approximately $26,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. Student housing is available for students, which costs about $5,200 each year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for Mars Hill College is the "Lions", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.mhc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Mars Hill College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Mars Hill College is around 1,400 students, with undergraduate students making up about 99% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $26,000-$31,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $1,000 for part time students
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $11,000, the price includes twenty-one meals every week
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$21,175|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$7,509|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Mars Hill College may offer services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Mars Hill College is approximately 38%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||26%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1950)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1991)
- Theatre Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, Commission on Accreditation (since 1990)
Mars Hill College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field (South Atlantic Conference)
- Football (South Atlantic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mars Hill College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mars Hill College.
- University of North Carolina at Asheville in Asheville, NC (15 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (66 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (106 miles away)
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (115 miles away)
- Winston - Salem State University in Winston-Salem, NC (131 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in North Carolina
- Find out what other private colleges are located in North Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Mars Hill College for official up-to-date information.