Mercy College is a nonprofit private institution located in Dobbs Ferry, NY and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Mercy College has an annual student enrollment of nearly 11,000.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Social Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. This school admits about 60 percent of students applying. Of those applicants accepted, nearly 38 percent of students attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $19,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Student housing is available for students and costs about $8,500 per year. Students attending this school may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Mercy College Flyers participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.mercy.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the applicants Mercy College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Mercy College is around 11,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 71% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $19,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $740 to $880 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$11,566|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$6,136|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Mercy College may offer student services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Mercy is close to 33%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Mercy College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (East Coast Conference)
- Basketball (East Coast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mercy College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mercy College.
- CUNY Lehman College in Bronx, NY (10 miles away)
- CUNY City College in New York, NY (14 miles away)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey in Mahwah, NJ (17 miles away)
- William Paterson University of New Jersey in Wayne, NJ (18 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (20 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Mercy College for official up-to-date information.