Meredith College is a nonprofit private university that has a fair number of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Raleigh, North Carolina, in a predominantly urban area. Around 2,100 students enroll at Meredith per year.
Areas of study offered at Meredith include:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Family And Consumer Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores between 910 to 1123 on the SAT and within the range of 18 to 24 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to Meredith. Roughly 60 percent of all students that applied were admitted at this school, with 41 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at meredith.edu.
Tuition is approximately $31,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Housing is available for students, which costs around $4,400 for the year. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that are eligible in the form of grants and loans.
The Meredith College "Angels" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA.
For a complete list of areas of study, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at www.meredith.edu today or simply request information here.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Meredith College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Meredith College is around 1,900 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 22% enrolling as graduate students and 86% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $34,000-$40,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $920 for part time students
- The estimated cost for room and board is around $12,000, which includes twenty-one meals provided each week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,481|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$7,966|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Meredith College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Meredith is close to 62%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||50%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1983)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1940)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1990)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Meredith College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Meredith College.
- North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC (17 miles away)
- Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville, NC (51 miles away)
- North Carolina A & T State University in Greensboro, NC (64 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro in Greensboro, NC (66 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke in Pembroke, NC (82 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main North Carolina colleges & universities profile page
- Review a list of North Carolina private colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Meredith College for official up-to-date information.