MidAmerica Nazarene University is a nonprofit private institution located in Olathe, Kansas and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The Church of the Nazarene affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Approximately a thousand students are enrolled annually at Mid-America Nazarene College.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Mid-America Nazarene College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Theology And Religious Vocations
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Most students accepted to Mid-America Nazarene College earn an SAT score within the range of 410 - 460, or an ACT composite score between 19 - 25. More information on admissions can be found at mnu.edu.
The cost of tuition is close to $24,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. MidAmerica Nazarene University may offer financial aid for students that are eligible as scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at MidAmerica Nazarene University through the NAIA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
Contact information, financial aid information, programs, and much more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.mnu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates MidAmerica Nazarene College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at MidAmerica Nazarene University is about 1,900. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 10% enrolling as graduate students and 73% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $26,000-$31,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $800 to $960 per unit
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $9,300, the price includes twenty-one meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$16,267|
|Receiving Student Loans||63%||$7,158|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, MidAmerica Nazarene University may offer services including:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
The overall graduation rate of MidAmerica Nazarene University is approximately 55%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||41%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
MidAmerica Nazarene University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by MidAmerica Nazarene University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to MidAmerica Nazarene University.
- Washburn University in Topeka, KS (51 miles away)
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (61 miles away)
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (82 miles away)
- Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS (103 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (122 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the Kansas colleges
- Compare other Kansas private colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Kansas
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact MidAmerica Nazarene University for official up-to-date information.