Midway College is a nonprofit private institution located in Midway, Kentucky and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Enrollment at Midway College exceeds a thousand per year.
Students can pick from several areas of study, including:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Agriculture Operations
- Security And Protective Services
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. The most common standardized test scores among applicants admitted to Midway College are between 18 - 26 on the ACT, or 1270 - 1570 on the SAT exam. 52% of those who apply are admitted to Midway College, of which 20 percent choose to enroll.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $22,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
The Midway College "Eagles" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NAIA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
Students may visit the Midway College website to get a complete list of areas of study, programs, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the applicants Midway College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Midway College is around 1,100 students, with undergraduate students making up about 89% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $22,000-$26,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $820 to $980 per unit
- The estimated cost for room and board is around $9,600, which includes nineteen meals provided each week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$15,301|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$7,168|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Midway College may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Midway College has an overall graduation rate which is around 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||26%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Medical Assistant Program
- * Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (since 2014)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1974)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1992)
Midway College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Kentucky Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Midway College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Midway College.
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (10 miles away)
- Ohio University - Southern Campus in Ironton, OH (112 miles away)
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (120 miles away)
- Ohio University - Chillicothe Campus in Chillicothe, OH (122 miles away)
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (142 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Kentucky
- See all private colleges in Kentucky
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Kentucky
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Midway College for official up-to-date information.