Misericordia University is a nonprofit private college that has a large selection of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Dallas, PA, in a predominantly suburban area. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Enrollment at Misericordia University exceeds two thousand annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Misericordia University offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Most students accepted to this school achieve an SAT score within the range of 980 to 1160, or an ACT score within the range of 22 to 25. An estimated 60% of all students that applied were accepted at Misericordia University, with 32% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at admissions.misericordia.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $29,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. Housing is available for students and costs around $6,900 annually. Students at Misericordia University may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
This school has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the school's http://www.misericordia.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Misericordia University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Misericordia University is about 3,000. The student body is made up of 81% undergraduate students and 15% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $28,000-$34,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $560 to $670 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$14,842|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$10,839|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Misericordia University may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Misericordia University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 69%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||64%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
Misericordia University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Basketball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Misericordia University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Misericordia University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Wilkes - Barre in Lehman, PA (2 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (19 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in East Stroudsburg, PA (47 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (50 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (58 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Review a complete list of all the Pennsylvania colleges
- Browse our list of private colleges in Pennsylvania
- Review a list of Pennsylvania Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Misericordia University for official up-to-date information.