MC is a nonprofit private institution located in Clinton, MS and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school maintains a Southern Baptist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately five thousand students are enrolled yearly at MC.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. The majority of students accepted to Mississippi College achieve an SAT score within the range of 970 to 1220, or an ACT score within the range of 21 to 27. MC has an acceptance rate of 44 percent of which only 63 percent chose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at mc.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $15,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The MC Choctaws participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.mc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants Mississippi College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Mississippi College is around 5,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 60% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $15,000-$18,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $480 to $570 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $10,000, the price includes nineteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$12,360|
|Receiving Student Loans||47%||$6,011|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Mississippi College may offer services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Mississippi College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 53%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||35%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Mississippi College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Gulf South Conference)
- Basketball (Gulf South Conference)
- Track and Field (Gulf South Conference)
- Football (Gulf South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mississippi College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mississippi College.
- Jackson State University in Jackson, MS (8 miles away)
- Alcorn State University in Alcorn State, MS (57 miles away)
- Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, MS (82 miles away)
- University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, MS (93 miles away)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe in Monroe, LA (103 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Review a complete list of all the Mississippi colleges
- Browse our list of private colleges in Mississippi
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Mississippi
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Mississippi College for official up-to-date information.