Mount Aloysius College provides a variety of degree programs for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Cresson, Pennsylvania and operated as a private institution. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. About a thousand students enroll at Mount Aloysius College per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Mount Aloysius College offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Computer And Information Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1190 - 1470 on the SAT and in a range of 16 - 21 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to Mount Aloysius College. Mount Aloysius College admits about 70% of students applying. Of those students admitted, around 39% registered for enrollment. More information on admissions can be found at mtaloy.edu.
The cost of tuition is close to $21,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $4,500 per year. Students enrolled at Mount Aloysius College may qualify for aid which is usually grants and loans.
The Mount Aloysius College Mounties participate in several athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
For a complete list of programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.mtaloy.edu/home/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Mount Aloysius College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Mount Aloysius College is about 1,900, with undergraduate students making up about 96% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $20,000-$24,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $740 to $890 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$11,890|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$9,031|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Mount Aloysius College may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Mount Aloysius College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 37%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1974)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1996)
Mount Aloysius College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference)
- Basketball (Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mount Aloysius College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mount Aloysius College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Dubois in DuBois, PA (47 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (65 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Mont Alto in Mont Alto, PA (70 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Fayette - Eberly Campus in Lemont Furnace, PA (73 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (90 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main Pennsylvania colleges & universities profile page
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Pennsylvania
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Mount Aloysius College for official up-to-date information.