Mount Saint Mary College is a nonprofit private college that has a fair number of majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Newburgh, NY, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Mount Saint Mary College has a yearly student enrollment of over 2,700.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Mount Saint Mary College offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- English Language And Literature
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. The most common standardized test scores among applicants admitted to this school are within the range of 19 to 24 on the ACT, or 910 to 1100 on the SAT. 81% of those students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 17% choose to attend. A rich source of admissions data can be obtained from MSMC or by requesting information here.
The cost of tuition is approximately $27,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. Housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $7,900 for the year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Mount Saint Mary College is the "Knights", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
Students who would like to see more about Mount Saint Mary College can check out their website at msmc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants Mount Saint Mary College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Mount Saint Mary College is about 2,500. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 17% enrolling as graduate students and 86% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $27,000-$33,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $910-$1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$14,603|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$7,736|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Mount Saint Mary College may provide student services including:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
The overall graduation rate of Mount Saint Mary College is close to 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||41%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1967)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 1998)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2005)
Mount Saint Mary College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Skyline Conference)
- Basketball (Skyline Conference)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mount Saint Mary College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mount Saint Mary College.
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (56 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (57 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in East Stroudsburg, PA (70 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (83 miles away)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (94 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main New York colleges & universities profile page
- Find out what other private colleges are located in New York
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in New York
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Mount Saint Mary College for official up-to-date information.