Muhlenberg College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Allentown, PA, which is a predominantly urban area. The Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Over 2,500 students enroll at Muhlenberg College per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. The most common test scores among applicants admitted to Muhlenberg College are within the range of 25 - 31 on the ACT, or 1680 - 2030 on the SAT. Approximately 40% of all applicant were admitted at Muhlenberg College, with 28% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at muhlenberg.edu.
Tuition is approximately $44,000 annually, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to determine cost. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is about $5,700. Students attending this school may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
The Muhlenberg College "Mules" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students who would like to view more about this school can visit their website at http://www.muhlenberg.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates Muhlenberg College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Muhlenberg College has a total student population of about 2,400. The student body is made up of 100% undergraduate students and 24% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $46,000-$55,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,300 to $1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$22,475|
|Receiving Student Loans||53%||$8,392|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Muhlenberg College may provide services to students like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a very high graduation rate of around 86%, Muhlenberg College is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||81%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Muhlenberg College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Centennial Conference)
- Basketball (Centennial Conference)
- Track and Field (Centennial Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Centennial Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Muhlenberg College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Muhlenberg College.
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (16 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in East Stroudsburg, PA (33 miles away)
- The College of New Jersey in Ewing, NJ (44 miles away)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania in West Chester, PA (45 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (45 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Pennsylvania
- Review a list of Pennsylvania private colleges
- Review all the liberal arts colleges located in Pennsylvania
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Pennsylvania may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Muhlenberg College for official up-to-date information.