NYIT provides a variety of degree programs for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Old Westbury, New York and operated as a private institution. Around eight thousand students enroll at New York Institute of Technology - Old Westbury yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Communication Technology
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. Students may take either the SAT or ACT exam scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score in a range of 900 to 1130 on the SAT, or 19 to 25 for the ACT is common among admitted students. NYIT accepts roughly 70% of students applying. Of those admitted, around 22% of students enrolled. For additional admissions information, prospective students can reach out to NYIT or complete the form on this page.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $30,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's tuition calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. The cost of on-campus housing is about $7,700 annually. Some students at New York Institute of Technology - Old Westbury may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at NYIT through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the school's nyit.edu to view additional information that may be pertinent to enrollment, campus life, and student services.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury is about 8,100. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 9% enrolling as graduate students and 50% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $32,000-$39,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,100-$1,300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$19,090|
|Receiving Student Loans||51%||$6,017|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury may provide services to students like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Campus: New York Institute of Technology - Old Westbury - Manhattan
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1995)
New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Independent Northeast Region)
- Basketball (East Coast Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury.
- SUNY Maritime College in Throggs Neck, NY (5 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (7 miles away)
- CUNY York College in Jamaica, NY (8 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (22 miles away)
- The College of New Jersey in Ewing, NJ (67 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury for official up-to-date information.