Newberry College provides a variety of program options for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Newberry, SC and operated as a private institution. The school maintains an Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Newberry College is nearly 1,200 annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Newberry College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1290 to 1570 on the SAT and between 18 to 23 for the ACT exam is typical among students admitted to Newberry College. 61% of applicants are accepted to this school, of which 33 percent choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at newberry.edu.
The cost of tuition is nearly $25,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's net price calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $4,600 annually. Students attending Newberry College may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
The Newberry College Indians participate in several athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study offered, and much more may be viewed on school's website at newberry.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Newberry College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Newberry College is about 1,100, with undergraduate students making up about 100% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $23,000-$27,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $740 to $880 per unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$20,436|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$7,394|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Newberry College may offer services like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Newberry College is approximately 45%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Newberry College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Football (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Newberry College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Newberry College.
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (32 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (49 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (53 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (58 miles away)
- South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, SC (70 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in South Carolina
- Compare other South Carolina private colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in South Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Newberry College for official up-to-date information.