Newman University is a nonprofit private institution located in Wichita, Kansas and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Newman University is nearly two thousand per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. The most common exam scores among applicants admitted to Newman University are between 21 - 27 for the ACT exam, or 1360 - 1810 for the SAT exam. 43% of applicants are admitted to Newman University, of which 15% choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $24,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is about $4,000. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
The Newman University Jets participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
- Softball (NCAA Division II)
Students should visit the school's http://www.newmanu.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants Newman University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Newman University is around 3,600 students, where graduate students make up roughly 5% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $27,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $830 to $1,000 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$18,669|
|Receiving Student Loans||47%||$6,194|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Newman University may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Newman University is approximately 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||33%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Newman University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Newman University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Newman University.
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (83 miles away)
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK (93 miles away)
- Langston University in Langston, OK (121 miles away)
- Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS (135 miles away)
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, KS (145 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Kansas
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Kansas
- Review a list of Kansas Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Newman University for official up-to-date information.