Olivet Nazarene University is a nonprofit private school that has a large number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Bourbonnais, IL, in a predominantly suburban area. The Church of the Nazarene affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. ONU has an annual student enrollment of approximately four thousand.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions officials. Most students admitted to ONU score in-between 20 to 27 on the ACT. Roughly 80% of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 33% of those accepted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at olivet.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $30,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $3,500. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
ONU has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NAIA. Available athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
Students can take a look at the school's http://www.olivet.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants Olivet Nazarene University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Olivet Nazarene University is around 4,900 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 15% enrolling as graduate students and 70% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $32,000-$38,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,300-$1,600 per unit
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $9,500, the cost includes twenty-one meals every week
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$22,234|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$7,201|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Olivet Nazarene University may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Olivet Nazarene University is close to 57%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||49%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Olivet Nazarene University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Mid-States Football Association)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Olivet Nazarene University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Olivet Nazarene University.
- Governors State University in University Park, IL (23 miles away)
- Purdue University - Calumet Campus in Hammond, IN (37 miles away)
- Indiana University - Northwest in Gary, IN (40 miles away)
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (42 miles away)
- Purdue University - North Central Campus in Westville, IN (57 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Illinois
- Review a list of Illinois private colleges
- Compare other Illinois Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Olivet Nazarene University for official up-to-date information.