University of Holy Cross was formerly known as Our Lady of Holy Cross College. The school is a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, the school resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately 1,300 students enroll at Our Lady of Holy Cross College per year.
Areas of study available at Our Lady of Holy Cross College include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. Our Lady of Holy Cross College accepts around 60 percent of applicants. Of those accepted, about 59 percent of students enrolled.
The cost of tuition is around $10,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. Some students at Our Lady of Holy Cross College may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically provided as grants or student loans.
Students should visit the school's www.uhcno.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates University of Holy Cross accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Holy Cross is about 1,100, where graduate students make up roughly 7% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $10,000-$12,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $450 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$6,090|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$5,238|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, University of Holy Cross may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of University of Holy Cross is close to 28%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- Radiology Technician Program
- * Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1971)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2004)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Holy Cross by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Theology and Religious Vocations
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Holy Cross.
- Southern University at New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (9 miles away)
- Louisiana State University - Alexandria in Alexandria, LA (169 miles away)
- Marion Military Institute in Marion, AL (245 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Louisiana
- Get a list of all private colleges in Louisiana
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Louisiana
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of Holy Cross for official up-to-date information.