Palm Beach Atlantic University - West Palm Beach is a nonprofit private school that has a fair number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in West Palm Beach, Florida, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains an Interdenominational affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Palm Beach Atlantic has an annual student enrollment of nearly three thousand.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the school. Most students admitted to Palm Beach Atlantic University - West Palm Beach have an SAT score in a range of 1370 to 1730, or an ACT score between 21 to 25. This school has an admissions rate of about 83 percent of which only 42 percent chose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at pba.edu.
Tuition is approximately $27,000 per year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is around $5,200 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, academics information, programs, and much more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.pba.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Palm Beach Atlantic University – West Palm Beach accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Palm Beach Atlantic University – West Palm Beach is about 3,900, where graduate students make up roughly 14% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $27,000-$32,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $650 to $770 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$17,372|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$6,772|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Palm Beach Atlantic University – West Palm Beach may offer student services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Palm Beach Atlantic has an overall graduation rate which is close to 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||38%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
Palm Beach Atlantic is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Independent Southeast Region)
- Basketball (Independent Southeast Region)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Palm Beach Atlantic University – West Palm Beach by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Palm Beach Atlantic University – West Palm Beach.
- Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, FL (111 miles away)
- University of South Florida Sarasota - Manatee in Sarasota, FL (162 miles away)
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg Campus in St. Petersburg, FL (175 miles away)
- University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL (261 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Florida
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Florida
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Florida
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Palm Beach Atlantic University – West Palm Beach for official up-to-date information.