Park University is a nonprofit private institution located in Parkville, Missouri and provides a large number of program options for students. Park University has an annual student enrollment of over twelve thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Park University offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. The majority of students at Park University scored in a range of 19 to 25 on the ACT. 76% of students that apply are accepted to this school, of which 43 percent choose to attend.
The cost of tuition is close to $10,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. The price of on-campus housing is estimated to be $3,900 per year. Some students at Park University may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NAIA. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
- Soccer (NAIA Division I)
Students can visit the website to see a complete list of programs offered, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Park University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Park University is around 12,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 91% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $11,000-$13,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $370 to $440 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is around $9,900, which includes nineteen meals provided per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$7,509|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$5,303|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Park University may offer services like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Park University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 43%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||11%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1994)
- English Language Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (since 2013)
Park University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (American Midwest Conference)
- Basketball (American Midwest Conference)
- Track and Field (American Midwest Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Park University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Park University.
- University of Missouri - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (12 miles away)
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, KS (34 miles away)
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (40 miles away)
- Washburn University in Topeka, KS (56 miles away)
- Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, MO (81 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the Missouri colleges
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Missouri
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Park University for official up-to-date information.