Get more information about Presbyterian College by clicking links below:
Presbyterian College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Clinton, SC, which is a predominantly rural area. The school maintains a Presbyterian Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Nearly 1,300 students enroll at Presbyterian College per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. The majority of students accepted to this school achieve an SAT score within the range of 1008 - 1223, or an ACT composite score between 21 - 27. Roughly 70% of all students that applied were admitted at Presbyterian College, with 36% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found at presby.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $34,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Housing may be available for those who wish to live on-campus for a cost of $4,700 for the year. Students attending Presbyterian College may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
The Presbyterian College Blue Hose participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Presbyterian College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Presbyterian College is around 1,400 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 19% enrolling as graduate students and 77% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $33,000-$40,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,400 to $1,700 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$28,806|
|Receiving Student Loans||63%||$6,797|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Presbyterian College may provide services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
Presbyterian College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 68%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||60%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2008)
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (since 2010)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2001)
Presbyterian College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big South Conference)
- Basketball (Big South Conference)
- Football (Big South Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Presbyterian College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Presbyterian College.
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (25 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (37 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (60 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (62 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville in Asheville, NC (88 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in South Carolina
- Find out what other private colleges are located in South Carolina
- See all the liberal arts colleges in South Carolina
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in South Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Presbyterian College for official up-to-date information.