Quinnipiac University provides a variety of program options for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Hamden, CT and operated as a private institution. Nearly eight thousand students enroll at Quinnipiac University yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Quinnipiac University offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the school. The most common test scores among students accepted to Quinnipiac University are within the range of 22 to 26 for the ACT exam, or 1500 to 1780 on the SAT exam. This school has an acceptance rate of around 63 percent of which only 13 percent decided to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at quinnipiac.edu.
Tuition is approximately $40,000 per year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Quinnipiac University is the "Bobcats", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Quinnipiac University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Quinnipiac University is around 9,700 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 20% enrolling as graduate students and 72% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $41,000-$49,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $970-$1,200 per unit
- The estimated cost for room and board is around $18,000
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$21,226|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$10,870|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Quinnipiac University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a very high graduation rate of around 76%, Quinnipiac University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||72%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Quinnipiac University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Ice Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Quinnipiac University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Quinnipiac University.
- Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT (7 miles away)
- Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, CT (19 miles away)
- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT (29 miles away)
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (39 miles away)
- United States Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT (40 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Quinnipiac University for official up-to-date information.