Rockford College is a nonprofit private institution located in Rockford, IL and provides a large number of program options for students. Approximately 1,300 students enroll at Rockford College per year.
Areas of study offered at Rockford College include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. The majority of students admitted to this school earn an SAT score within the range of 1304 - 1604, or an ACT score between 18 - 23. This school has an admissions rate of around 44 percent of which only 23 percent chose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at rockford.edu.
The cost of tuition is around $28,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $4,400. Students enrolled at Rockford College may qualify for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Rockford College "Regent Lions" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the school's http://www.rockford.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Rockford College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Rockford College is about 1,300. The student body is made up of 83% undergraduate students and 13% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $28,000-$34,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $820 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,543|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,594|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Rockford College may offer services to students including:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
The overall graduation rate of Rockford College is around 39%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1987)
Rockford College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Track and Field (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Football (Northern Athletics Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Rockford College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Rockford College.
- Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, IL (26 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Whitewater in Whitewater, WI (42 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (65 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL (70 miles away)
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (81 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Rockford College for official up-to-date information.