SAU is a nonprofit private school that has a large number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Davenport, IA, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately three thousand students enroll at SAU per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Most students admitted to SAU score in-between 20 - 25 on the ACT exam. An estimated 80 percent of all applicant were admitted at Saint Ambrose University, with 29 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at sau.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $27,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's price of attendance calculator to determine cost. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $5,000 annually. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at SAU through the NAIA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
Students may visit the school's www.sau.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates St. Ambrose University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Saint Ambrose University is around 3,300 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 14% enrolling as graduate students and 76% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $28,000-$34,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $950 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$15,912|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$8,795|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Saint Ambrose University may offer services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Saint Ambrose University has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 61%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||47%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
Saint Ambrose University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Mid-States Football Association)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Ambrose University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Ambrose University.
- Western Illinois University in Macomb, IL (75 miles away)
- Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, IL (97 miles away)
- Illinois State University in Normal, IL (108 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Platteville in Platteville, WI (115 miles away)
- University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, IA (118 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Review a complete list of all the Iowa colleges
- Review a list of Iowa private colleges
- Review a list of Iowa Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Saint Ambrose University for official up-to-date information.