Saint Francis University, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Loretto, PA, the school resides in a rural setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. About 2,400 students enroll at Saint Francis University yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Saint Francis University offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- English Language And Literature
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 910 - 1140 on the SAT and in a range of 20 - 26 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to this school. This school has an acceptance rate of 77% of which only 33% chose to enroll.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $31,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attending this school. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs approximately $5,300 per year. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that are eligible as grants and loans.
Saint Francis University has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study offered, and more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.francis.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Saint Francis University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Saint Francis University is around 2,700 students. The student body is made up of 77% undergraduate students and 16% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $31,000-$37,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $1,100 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$20,587|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$10,885|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Saint Francis University may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a very high graduation rate of around 71%, Saint Francis University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||57%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
Saint Francis University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Northeast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Northeast Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Francis University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Francis University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Altoona in Altoona, PA (13 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown in Johnstown, PA (19 miles away)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Indiana, PA (33 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg in Greensburg, PA (49 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State New Kensington in New Kensington, PA (57 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Pennsylvania
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Pennsylvania
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Saint Francis University for official up-to-date information.