Saint Xavier University provides a variety of degree programs for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Chicago, Illinois and operated as a private institution. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Around 4,900 students enroll at SXU annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Saint Xavier University offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1405 - 1760 for the SAT exam and within the range of 20 - 25 on the ACT is common among students admitted to this school. Saint Xavier University accepts about 80% of applicants. Of those applicants accepted, about 13% registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $30,000 per year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's tuition calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Student housing is available for students and costs around $5,900 for the year. Some students at SXU may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Saint Xavier University is the "Cougars", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through the NAIA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Soccer (NAIA Division I)
Students may visit the Saint Xavier University website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, programs, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students St. Xavier University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Saint Xavier University has a total student population of about 3,900, with undergraduate students making up about 76% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $30,000-$36,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $650 to $780 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is around $13,000
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$21,545|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$6,827|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Saint Xavier University may provide services like:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Saint Xavier University is approximately 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||30%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
St. Xavier University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Mid-States Football Association)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Xavier University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Xavier University.
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (5 miles away)
- Purdue University - Calumet Campus in Hammond, IN (15 miles away)
- Governors State University in University Park, IL (18 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL (19 miles away)
- Indiana University - Northwest in Gary, IN (22 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- See all colleges in Illinois
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Illinois
- Review a list of Illinois Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Saint Xavier University for official up-to-date information.