Spalding University is a nonprofit private institution located in Louisville, Kentucky and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Spalding has a yearly student enrollment of around 2,300.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- English Language And Literature
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions at Spalding. A score between 687 - 945 on the SAT, or 16 - 21 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. An estimated 40 percent of all students that applied were admitted at Spalding, with 45 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at spalding.edu.
The cost of tuition is close to $21,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students and costs about $5,900 for the year. Spalding may offer financial aid for students that are eligible in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Spalding University is the "Golden Eagles", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through oversight by the NCAA. Sports available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the Spalding University website to obtain a complete list of programs offered, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the candidates Spalding accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Spalding University is around 2,200 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 9% enrolling as graduate students and 54% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $24,000-$29,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $800 to $960 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$14,268|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$5,642|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Spalding University may offer student services like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
The overall graduation rate of Spalding is close to 40%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Spalding is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (St. Louis Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (St. Louis Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Spalding University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Spalding University.
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (49 miles away)
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (155 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Lima Campus in Lima, OH (196 miles away)
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (196 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Marion Campus in Marion, OH (215 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- See all colleges in Kentucky
- Review a list of Kentucky private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Kentucky
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Spalding University for official up-to-date information.