Springfield College, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Springfield, Massachusetts, the campus offers an urban setting for students to study in. Approximately 5,400 students are enrolled yearly at Springfield College.
Areas of study offered at Springfield College include but are not limited to:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by admissions officials. Most students admitted to Springfield College score in a range of 880 - 1140 on the SAT. Approximately 70 percent of all students that applied were admitted at Springfield College, with 37 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at spfldcol.edu.
The cost of tuition is nearly $34,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their costs. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $6,100 annually. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Springfield College "Pride" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the website to obtain a complete list of programs offered, admissions information, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Springfield College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Springfield College is about 3,200, with undergraduate students making up about 66% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $34,000-$41,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,000-$1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$19,558|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$9,372|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Springfield College may offer student services including:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Springfield College is close to 69%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||58%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1992)
Springfield College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (New England Womens & Mens Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (New England Womens & Mens Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Springfield College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Springfield College.
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (32 miles away)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (49 miles away)
- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT (67 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (83 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (106 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Massachusetts
- Review a list of Massachusetts private colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Springfield College for official up-to-date information.