St. Andrews University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Laurinburg, North Carolina, which is a predominantly rural area. The Presbyterian Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. St. Andrews University, with only around 440 students enrolled, offers smaller class sizes and hands on instruction as part of its commitment to students.
Areas of study offered at St. Andrews University include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, accepting any applicants that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, records, test scores, and admissions essays may be required for certain programs.
Tuition is approximately $24,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Some students at St. Andrews University may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
St. Andrews University has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
Students may take a look at the school's http://www.sapc.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates St. Andrews University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at St. Andrews University is around 650 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 22% enrolling as graduate students and 97% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $24,000-$29,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $530 to $630 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $12,000, the price includes nineteen meals every week
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$16,166|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$8,039|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, St. Andrews University may provide services to students like:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
St. Andrews University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||38%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Liberal Arts Education Program
- * Accredited by the American Academy for Liberal Education (since 2008)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1990)
St. Andrews University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Appalachian Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Appalachian Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by St. Andrews University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to St. Andrews University.
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (154 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Beaufort in Bluffton, SC (188 miles away)
- Christopher Newport University in Newport News, VA (231 miles away)
- Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, GA (263 miles away)
- West Virginia State University in Institute, WV (280 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in North Carolina
- See all private colleges in North Carolina
- Review all the different North Carolina liberal arts colleges
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in North Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact St. Andrews University for official up-to-date information.