Tabor College provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Hillsboro, Kansas and operated as a private institution. The school's Mennonite Brethren Church affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. The school enrolls 700 students per year, allowing for smaller more engaging class sizes.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken in order to be able to apply to Tabor. Scores between 19 to 25 on the ACT or 870 to 1030 on the SAT are recommended to increase the chance of acceptance. Approximately 90% of all applicant were accepted at Tabor College, with 38% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at tabor.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $24,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is approximately $3,200. Tabor College may provide financial aid for students who are eligible by way of grants and loans.
The mascot for Tabor is the "Bluejays", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NAIA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
For a complete list of programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.tabor.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants Tabor College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Tabor College has a total student population of about 730. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 21% enrolling as graduate students and 94% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $24,000-$29,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $510 to $610 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,136|
|Receiving Student Loans||72%||$6,396|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Tabor College may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Tabor College has an overall graduation rate which is around 55%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||44%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Tabor College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Tabor College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Tabor College.
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (55 miles away)
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, KS (114 miles away)
- Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS (121 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (166 miles away)
- Langston University in Langston, OK (168 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the Kansas colleges
- Get a list of all private colleges in Kansas
- Review a list of Kansas Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Tabor College for official up-to-date information.