Thomas University is a nonprofit private institution located in Thomasville, GA and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Thomas University has an annual student enrollment of nearly 1000.
A list of some of the popular programs are:
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing
- Law and Justice Administration
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling
- Early Childhood Education
The school operates under an open enrollment policy, admitting all students that meet the requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and admissions essays may be required for certain programs.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $15,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attending this school. The cost of on-campus housing is about $3,900 per year. Students enrolled at this school may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
Thomas University participates in athletics through the NAIA's Independent Southeast Region in Baseball.
Contact information, tuition information, areas of study offered, and much more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.thomasu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Thomas University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Thomas University has a total student population of about 1,200, where graduate students make up roughly 10% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $15,000-$18,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $610 to $730 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$9,026|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$6,829|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Thomas University may offer services like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
Thomas University has an overall graduation rate which is around 28%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2010)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1998)
Thomas University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Florida Sun Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Thomas University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Thomas University.
- College of Coastal Georgia in Brunswick, GA (149 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Beaufort in Bluffton, SC (208 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Salkehatchie in Allendale, SC (216 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (230 miles away)
- Marion Military Institute in Marion, AL (233 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Thomas University for official up-to-date information.