Tusculum College provides a variety of program options for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Greeneville, TN and operated as a private institution. The school's Presbyterian Church affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Nearly 2,200 students enroll at Tusculum College per year.
Students can pick from many areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Students may provide either the SAT or ACT exam scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score within the range of 850 to 1085 on the SAT, or 19 to 24 for the ACT is usually submitted among admitted students. 69% of those students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 13 percent choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at tusculum.edu.
The cost of tuition is nearly $23,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Tusculum College Pioneers participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Students who would like to view more about this school may check out their website at http://www.tusculum.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the students Tusculum College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Tusculum College is around 1,800 students, with undergraduate students making up about 89% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $23,000-$27,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $770 for part time students
- On-campus housing and meals are estimated to cost around $10,000
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$16,716|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$7,538|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Tusculum College may offer student services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Tusculum College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 34%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Tusculum College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Football (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Tusculum College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Tusculum College.
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (56 miles away)
- Concord University in Athens, WV (129 miles away)
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (141 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Lancaster in Lancaster, SC (149 miles away)
- West Virginia State University in Institute, WV (161 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Tennessee
- Browse our list of private colleges in Tennessee
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Tennessee
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Tusculum College for official up-to-date information.