University of Mount Union is a nonprofit private institution located in Alliance, OH and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school maintains a United Methodist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately 2,300 students are enrolled per year at University of Mount Union.
Students may choose from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then studied by the admissions office. Most students accepted to University of Mount Union achieve an SAT score between 910 to 1110, or an ACT composite score within the range of 20 to 25. 73% of applicants are accepted to this school, of which 33 percent choose to attend. For additional admissions information, simply reach out to UMU or through this site to learn more.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $28,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to use the school's net price calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Students at University of Mount Union may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at University of Mount Union through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at mountunion.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates University of Mount Union accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
University of Mount Union has a total student population of about 2,200. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 25% enrolling as graduate students and 96% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $28,000-$34,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,200 to $1,400 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$15,334|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$9,777|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of Mount Union may offer services like those listed below:
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
University of Mount Union has an overall graduation rate which is around 63%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||53%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1935)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2005)
University of Mount Union is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Football (Ohio Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Mount Union by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Mount Union.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (45 miles away)
- Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH (51 miles away)
- West Liberty University in West Liberty, WV (55 miles away)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in Slippery Rock, PA (56 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (77 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Visit the main Ohio colleges & universities profile page
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Ohio
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Ohio may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of Mount Union for official up-to-date information.