University of Pikeville, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Pikeville, KY, the school resides in a rural setting for students to study in. The school's Presbyterian Church affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Nearly 1,300 students enroll at University of Pikeville yearly.
Areas of study offered at University of Pikeville include:
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Business Administration
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, admitting all students that meet the basic requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and letters of recommendations may be needed for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $18,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's tuition calculator to identify their cost of attendance. Housing may be available for those who wish to live on-campus for around a cost of $3,500 per year. University of Pikeville may provide financial aid for students who qualify by way of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at University of Pikeville through the NAIA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
Students should visit the website to get a complete list of areas of study, student services, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants University of Pikeville accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Pikeville is about 2,500, where graduate students make up roughly 12% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $19,000-$23,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $790 to $940 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,069|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$6,073|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of Pikeville may provide student services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of UPIKE is close to 31%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2013)
- Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (since 2001)
University of Pikeville is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-South Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-South Conference)
- Football (Mid-South Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Pikeville by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Pikeville.
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (36 miles away)
- Bluefield State College in Bluefield, WV (72 miles away)
- West Virginia State University in Institute, WV (74 miles away)
- Concord University in Athens, WV (83 miles away)
- Glenville State College in Glenville, WV (136 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Kentucky
- Get a list of all private colleges in Kentucky
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Kentucky
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of Pikeville for official up-to-date information.