University of the Pacific, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Stockton, CA, it resides in an urban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at UOP exceeds 6,700 yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs University of the Pacific offers:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to be able to apply to UOP. Scores within the range of 23 to 29 on the ACT or 1550 to 1948 on the SAT are recommended to increase your chances for getting accepted. This school accepts roughly 40% of applicants yearly. Of those admitted, around 12% of students registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at pacific.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $40,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Students attending this school may qualify for aid which is usually loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for UOP is the "Tigers", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students who would like to get more about University of the Pacific can visit their website at http://www.pacific.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students Pacific accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of the Pacific is about 6,300. The student body is made up of 59% undergraduate students and 15% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $47,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,500 to $1,800 per unit
- Room and board is estimated to cost around $15,000
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$22,622|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$7,229|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of the Pacific may provide services including:
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of University of the Pacific is approximately 57%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||31%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: University of the Pacific
- Art and Design Program
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program
- Endodontics Program
- Music Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Campus: University of the Pacific - Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Dental Hygienist Program
- * Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 2003)
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- * Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1970)
Campus: University of the Pacific - McGeorge School of Law
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1969)
Campus: University of the Pacific - Highland General Hospital
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
- * Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1953)
University of the Pacific is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (West Coast Conference)
- Basketball (West Coast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of the Pacific by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of the Pacific.
- California State University - Stanislaus in Turlock, CA (40 miles away)
- California State University - Sacramento in Sacramento, CA (41 miles away)
- California State University - East Bay in Hayward, CA (47 miles away)
- California Maritime Academy in Vallejo, CA (51 miles away)
- San Jose State University in San Jose, CA (56 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of the Pacific for official up-to-date information.