Utica College, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Utica, NY, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. Nearly three thousand students enroll at Utica College yearly.
Students may pick from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Security And Protective Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1280 to 1560 on the SAT and between 16 to 24 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to Utica College. An estimated 80% of all applicant were admitted at Utica College, with 19% of those accepted choosing to enroll. Detailed admissions information can be gathered by calling the school or by completing the form on this page.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $33,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their costs. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to see more about this school can visit their website at utica.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Utica College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Utica College is around 4,500 students. The student body is made up of 69% undergraduate students and 14% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $34,000-$41,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $1,200 for part time students
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$24,357|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$11,389|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Utica College may provide services like:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Utica College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||30%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
Utica College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Empire Eight)
- Basketball (Empire Eight)
- Track and Field (Empire Eight)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Empire Eight)
- Ice Hockey
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Utica College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Utica College.
- SUNY College at Oneonta in Oneonta, NY (45 miles away)
- SUNY College at Cortland in Cortland, NY (59 miles away)
- SUNY College at Oswego in Oswego, NY (68 miles away)
- SUNY College at Potsdam in Potsdam, NY (109 miles away)
- SUNY College at New Paltz in New Paltz, NY (112 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Utica College for official up-to-date information.