Wartburg College provides a variety of degree programs for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Waverly, Iowa and operated as a private institution. The Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Around a thousand students enroll at Wartburg College annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken to apply to Wartburg College. Scores between 21 to 26 on the ACT or 1223 to 1715 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase your chances for getting accepted. This school admits approximately 80% of applicants annually. Of those students accepted, around 29% enrolled. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $34,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $4,300. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
The mascot for Wartburg College is the "Knights", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NCAA. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.wartburg.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Wartburg College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Wartburg College is around 1,500 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 24% enrolling as graduate students and 100% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $36,000-$43,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $2,100 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$23,795|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$8,413|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Wartburg College may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
Wartburg College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 63%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||59%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1954)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1991)
Wartburg College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wartburg College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wartburg College.
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (92 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Platteville in Platteville, WI (104 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls in River Falls, WI (142 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, WI (146 miles away)
- Truman State University in Kirksville, MO (180 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main Iowa colleges & universities profile page
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Iowa
- Compare other Iowa Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Wartburg College for official up-to-date information.