West Virginia Wesleyan College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Buckhannon, WV, which is a predominantly rural area. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Approximately a thousand students enroll at West Virginia Wesleyan College annually.
Students may choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 1240 to 1590 for the SAT exam and between 20 to 26 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. West Virginia Wesleyan College admits around 80% of applicants annually. Of those students accepted, about 30% of students registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $27,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $4,200. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The West Virginia Wesleyan College Bobcats participate in several athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.wvwc.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates West Virginia Wesleyan College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at West Virginia Wesleyan College is about 1,500, where graduate students make up roughly 26% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $30,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $430 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$22,960|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$7,037|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, West Virginia Wesleyan College may provide services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of West Virginia Wesleyan College is around 60%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1957)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2011)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1971)
West Virginia Wesleyan College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (370)
- Basketball (370)
- Track and Field (370)
- Football (370)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by West Virginia Wesleyan College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Fairmont State University in Fairmont, WV (33 miles away)
- Glenville State College in Glenville, WV (34 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Fayette - Eberly Campus in Lemont Furnace, PA (64 miles away)
- California University of Pennsylvania in California, PA (75 miles away)
- Frostburg State University in Frostburg, MD (81 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in West Virginia
- Get a list of all private colleges in West Virginia
- Compare other West Virginia Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact West Virginia Wesleyan College for official up-to-date information.