Western New England University is a nonprofit private institution located in Springfield, MA and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Western New England University has a yearly student enrollment of around three thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Western New England University offers:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are most often asked to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the school. Students may take either the ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admissions to Western New England University. A score in a range of 960 - 1170 on the SAT, or 22 - 26 for the ACT is common among accepted students. Approximately 80 percent of all students that applied were accepted at Western New England University, with 16 percent of those accepted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at www1.wne.edu.
The cost of tuition is nearly $34,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to identify their cost of attendance. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements.
This school has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Students should take a look at the school's http://www.wne.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates WNE accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Western New England University is around 3,900 students, with undergraduate students making up about 70% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $35,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $600 to $720 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is around $15,000, which includes twenty meals provided each week
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$18,856|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$9,773|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Western New England University may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
The overall graduation rate of Western New England University is around 60%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||52%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1974)
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (since 2011)
WNE is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Commonwealth Coast Conference)
- Basketball (Commonwealth Coast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (New England Football Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Western New England University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Western New England University.
- Westfield State University in Westfield, MA (14 miles away)
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (32 miles away)
- Worcester State College in Worcester, MA (36 miles away)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (50 miles away)
- Fitchburg State University in Fitchburg, MA (50 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Massachusetts
- See all private colleges in Massachusetts
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Western New England University for official up-to-date information.