Westminster College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, which is a predominantly rural area. The Presbyterian Church affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. About 1,600 students enroll at Westminster College yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- English Language And Literature
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Most students admitted to Westminster College earn an SAT score between 1450 - 1768, or an ACT composite score in a range of 22 - 26. Roughly 60 percent of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 15 percent of those accepted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $34,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their costs. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Westminster College is the "Titans", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the school's http://www.westminster.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates Westminster College – New Wilmington accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Westminster College – New Wilmington is around 1,300 students, with undergraduate students making up about 86% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $33,000-$39,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,100 to $1,300 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $12,000, the amount includes seventeen meals each week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$24,228|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$9,044|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Westminster College – New Wilmington may offer student services like:
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employment search assistance
Westminster College – New Wilmington has a very high graduation rate when compared to nearby similar schools.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||63%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1958)
Westminster College – New Wilmington is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Presidents Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Presidents Athletic Conference)
- Football (Presidents Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Westminster College – New Wilmington by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Westminster College – New Wilmington.
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in Slippery Rock, PA (15 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (31 miles away)
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania in Clarion, PA (50 miles away)
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in Edinboro, PA (53 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (60 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Pennsylvania colleges & universities profile page
- Get a list of all private colleges in Pennsylvania
- Review all the liberal arts colleges located in Pennsylvania
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Westminster College – New Wilmington for official up-to-date information.