Yeshiva University is a nonprofit private institution located in New York, New York and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Approximately six thousand students are enrolled per year at YU.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Yeshiva University offers:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Foreign Languages And Literature
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. The most common standardized test scores among students accepted to this school are within the range of 23 - 29 on the ACT, or 1630 - 2030 on the SAT exam. An estimated 70% of all applicant were accepted at YU, with 68% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at yu.edu.
Tuition is approximately $39,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Students enrolled at YU may be eligible for aid which is usually loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The YU Maccabees participate in a number of athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Fencing (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the Yeshiva University website to get a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Yeshiva University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Yeshiva University is about 6,200. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 13% enrolling as graduate students and 44% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $38,000-$46,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,400-$1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$26,065|
|Receiving Student Loans||30%||$7,714|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Yeshiva University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Yeshiva University has a high graduation rate when compared to nearby similar schools.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||60%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Yeshiva University
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
Campus: Yeshiva University
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1978)
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (since 1955)
Yeshiva University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Skyline Conference)
- Basketball (Skyline Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Yeshiva University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Yeshiva University.
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (8 miles away)
- CUNY York College in Jamaica, NY (13 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (14 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Newark in Newark, NJ (15 miles away)
- William Paterson University of New Jersey in Wayne, NJ (16 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in New York
- Get a list of all private colleges in New York
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Yeshiva University for official up-to-date information.