Armstrong Atlantic State University (Armstrong) is now known as Georgia Southern University - Armstrong campus. GSU Armstrong is a public institution that has a number of degree programs available for both graduate and undergraduate students. The school is located in Savannah, GA, in a predominantly urban area. This campus has an annual student enrollment of over 7,700.
Students may pick from many areas of study, including:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Security And Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 910 to 1100 on the SAT and between 19 to 24 on the ACT is common among students admitted to Armstrong. About 57% of applicants are admitted to this school, of which 55 percent choose to enroll. More information on the school's admissions policies can be found via the GSU school portal.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay around $5,300, while out-of-state residents pay $16,000 annually. Housing is available for students, and generally costs around $6,500 per year. AASU may offer financial aid for students that are eligible as loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Armstrong Atlantic State University Pirates participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
For a complete list of programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at www.armstrong.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants Armstrong State University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Armstrong State University has a total student population of about 7,100. The student body is made up of 89% undergraduate students and 14% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $18,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,900-$4,700
- Out-of-State: $14,000-$16,970
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $160-$190 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $590-$710 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$5,955|
|Receiving Student Loans||61%||$6,009|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Armstrong State University may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
The overall graduation rate of Armstrong State University is around 34%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Health Services Administration Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Radiation Therapist Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Armstrong State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Peach Belt Conference)
- Basketball (Peach Belt Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Armstrong State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Armstrong State University.
- University of South Carolina - Beaufort in Bluffton, SC (27 miles away)
- College of Coastal Georgia in Brunswick, GA (58 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Salkehatchie in Allendale, SC (73 miles away)
- Citadel Military College of South Carolina in Charleston, SC (90 miles away)
- South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, SC (107 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: