Chadron State College, a public institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Chadron, NE, the school resides in a rural setting for students to study in. Approximately two thousand students are enrolled per year at Chadron State College.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies
The school operates under an open enrollment policy, accepting all students that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and personal statements may be needed for certain programs. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs around $5,900 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $10,000 per year. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $2,800. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Chadron State College "Eagles" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available:
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to get more about Chadron State College can take a look at their website at http://www.csc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the applicants Chadron State College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Chadron State College is around 3,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 14% enrolling as graduate students and 79% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $4,600-$5,500
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $4,600-$5,544
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $150-$180 per unit
- Out-of-State: $150-$180 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$5,081|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$4,642|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Chadron State College may provide student services including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Child care
The overall graduation rate of Chadron State College is close to 33%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Chadron State College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference)
- Football (Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Chadron State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Chadron State College.
- Black Hills State University in Spearfish, SD (124 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney in Kearney, NE (249 miles away)
- Dickinson State University in Dickinson, ND (281 miles away)
- Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD (288 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: