CUNY Lehman College, a public institution, offers a large number of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Bronx, New York, it offers an urban setting for students to study in. CUNY Lehman College has an annual student enrollment of nearly 12,000.
Areas of study offered at CUNY Lehman College include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Social Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. The majority of students at CUNY Lehman College scored between 930 to 1090 on the SAT exam. Competition for admissions among applicants is high, given that only 20% of students who applied are accepted to the school.
The tuition at this school varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $6,100 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $13,000 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
This school has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.lehman.cuny.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants CUNY Lehman College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at CUNY Lehman College is around 13,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 5% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $65 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $6,300-$7,600
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$16,130
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $280-$330 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $560-$670 per credit unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$9,703|
|Receiving Student Loans||11%||$4,029|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, CUNY Lehman College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
- Child care
The overall graduation rate of Lehman is close to 37%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
CUNY Lehman College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Basketball (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by CUNY Lehman College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to CUNY Lehman College.
- CUNY City College in New York, NY (5 miles away)
- CUNY Hunter College in New York, NY (8 miles away)
- CUNY Queens College in Queens, NY (10 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (10 miles away)
- CUNY York College in Jamaica, NY (13 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: