CUNY York College is a public institution that has a large number of majors and degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Jamaica, NY, in a predominantly urban area. CUNY York College has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 7,800.
Areas of study available at CUNY York College include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. The majority of students at CUNY York College scored within the range of 820 to 985 on the SAT exam. York has an admissions rate of about 40 percent of which only 23 percent decided to enroll.
Tuition & fees at York vary for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs nearly $6,000 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $13,000 per year. Students at York may qualify for aid which is typically loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
- Swimming (NCAA Division III)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants York accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at CUNY York College is about 8,500. The student body is made up of 99% undergraduate students and 12% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $65 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $6,300-$7,600
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$16,130
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $280-$330 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $560-$670 per credit unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$8,814|
|Receiving Student Loans||5%||$4,198|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, CUNY York College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
CUNY York College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 26%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2006)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2006)
York is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (City University of New York Ath Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by CUNY York College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to CUNY York College.
- CUNY Brooklyn College in Brooklyn, NY (10 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (10 miles away)
- CUNY City College in New York, NY (12 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (13 miles away)
- CUNY Lehman College in Bronx, NY (13 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: