Glenville State College is a public institution located in Glenville, West Virginia and provides a large number of program options for students. Approximately a thousand students are enrolled per year at Glenville State College.
Areas of study offered at Glenville State College include but are not limited to:
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Most common exam scores among students accepted to Glenville State College are within the range of 16 - 21 on the ACT, or 700 - 880 on the SAT. This school accepts around 80 percent of applicants annually. Of those accepted, around 35 percent attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found at glenville.edu.
The tuition at this school varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $5,900 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $14,000 per year. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is about $5,000. Glenville State College may provide financial aid for students who qualify by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Glenville State College Pioneers participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Sports available may include the following:
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students who would like to view more about Glenville State College may take a look at their website at http://www.glenville.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Glenville State College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Glenville State College is around 1,700 students, where graduate students make up roughly 19% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $5,300-$6,300
- Out-of-State: $12,000-$14,980
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $290-$350 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $660-$790 per credit unit
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$8,511|
|Receiving Student Loans||67%||$5,976|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Glenville State College may offer student services like:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Glenville State College is close to 35%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Glenville State College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (370)
- Track and Field (370)
- Football (370)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Glenville State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Glenville State College.
- West Virginia State University in Institute, WV (63 miles away)
- Ohio University - Eastern Campus in Saint Clairsville, OH (79 miles away)
- Concord University in Athens, WV (105 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (111 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Newark Campus in Newark, OH (116 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: